Signs You’re Too Stressed Over Wedding Preparations
By Carol Edwin
Planning a wedding can be a lot of fun, but it can be very stressful too. Most brides-to-be typically have to juggle between a job, her fiance, family, friends, and wedding preparations. Here are a few signs that you’re probably over stressed with wedding planning:
1. You spend your lunch hour running wedding errands instead of eating. Skipping meals has a negative impact on your mood, not to mention your health. Use your lunch hour to unwind, eat a healthy meal and have a break from work.
2. You keep researching venues, caterers, colour schemes etc and now you’re wondering if you’ve made the right decision, or worse, you can’t decide because you’ve got too many options to choose from. If a decision has been made, stick to it and move on to other things. If you haven’t decided, create a list of what’s important to you, and choose the option that best meets your needs.
3. Your wedding date is approaching, your to-do list is overwhelming, and you’ve lost steam. Take a deep breath and do something fun on your list – go for the food tasting or get your wedding make-up sorted. Getting the easier tasks ticked off the check list will motivate you to move on to the more onerous tasks.
4. You’re (more) short-tempered with your fiance. If you’re snapping at him for the slightest thing, you know you need to take a chill pill. Put wedding preparations aside for a while, and go on a romantic date with him. Do NOT talk about the wedding during the date.
5. All your conversations revolve around the wedding. Even when you promise that there will be no wedding talk, you do it anyway. Tell your loved ones to stop you if you talk about the wedding. This shows you’re aware of your problem, and you will all get a laugh each time they ‘catch’ you. Have a sense of humour about it, and everyone will take their cue from you.
6. You call your wedding planner multiple times everyday to talk about wedding plans. This may cause more harm than good. Find out what time is best to contact your wedding planner and whether he/she prefers an email, text or call. Make a list of all the issues you want to discuss. Only contact him/her outside working hours if there is a real emergency.
7. People are suggesting you elope – even your fiance! It may seem like they’re joking, but are they really trying to tell you something? Perhaps it’s time to lighten up. Que sera sera…