What Does He Do Before the Wedding? – Part 2
By Carol Edwin
Continuation from What Does He Do Before The Wedding – Part 1.
- Look for a photographer/videographer. Talk to couples who have recently gotten married, and look through samples.
- Decide if you want a live band or a DJ. The music can make or break the party, so choose wisely.
- Make a list of song you want played at the reception. Consolidate this with your fiance’s list. Listen to the lyrics of the songs – not all love songs are suitable for a wedding. Remember to provide the band/DJ a ‘do NOT play’ list as well.
- Select a first dance song and suggest dance lessons. With wedding stress building up, the dance lesson could be a time for romance or just plain fun for both of you.
- Arrange transportation for the wedding day for yourself, your bride and the rest of the wedding party. Get the cars fuelled up and prepped with the customary decorations.
- Have a good map to the wedding venue available for guests. If the wedding is at a hotel, ask for special room rates for out-of-town guests.
- Choose a Master of Ceremonies for the reception. Discuss the flow of events on the day, and keep him/her updated on changes (if any).
- Write your speech. Remember to thank your parents, her parents, your Best Man, family and friends. Make a special mention of people who have travelled a long way to attend your wedding. Don’t forget to thank your bride!
- Plan the honeymoon. Arrange for transportation to the airport.
- Review the seating plan for the reception.
Finally, enjoy the day. Hold her hand, smile, laugh and take in every single moment that makes the day. It is the beginning of a new life.